- E-Commerce Online Procurement
- Interactive Marketing Solutions
- Warehousing / Inventory Management
- Innovative Technology Projects
- Full Service Graphics Support
- FSC Certified Solutions
PRESS RELEASE- March 4, 2008 Portland, ME. MPX has announced that it has earned the FSC® Chain-of-Custody Certification under the Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) Forest Conservation Program. This certification allows MPX to provide its clients with print products that carry the FSC logo, ensuring that the fiber used to produce these products can be traced through the supply chain to an FSC-certified well-managed forest.
MPX is one of the first print solutions provider to obtain FSC Chain-of-Custody certification in the Northeast and one of the first in the United States. This not only sets MPX apart from its competitors, but also strengthens its relationships with clients who place a high priority on environmentally sound practices.
Demonstrating environmental leadership by supporting sound forest management is a priority for many of MPX’s clients. In addition to the capability of passing on the FSC Chain-of-Custody claim on FSC certified materials, MPX has taken a leading role in working with clients to develop their own environmental initiatives and to implement their newly designed environmentally responsible corporate policies.
FSC Licence No. FSC-C004316
About the FSC
FSC History: The Forest Stewardship Council is a not-for-profit company whose mission is “to promote environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management of the world’s forests.” Founded in 1993 in Toronto, Canada, by representatives from environmental groups, the timber industry, the forestry profession, Aboriginal organizations, and community forestry groups from 26 countries, FSC’s membership has grown to more than 640 members from 67 countries.
FSC Certification Program: FSC accomplishes its mission through independent, third-party certification. There are two types of certification:
- Forest Management Certification – ensures that forests are well managed.
- Chain-of-Custody Certification – to ensure that FSC-certified material can be verified all the way back to the forest of origin, assuring consumers that an FSC-certified product actually comes from an FSC-certified well-managed forest. Only FSC Chain-of-Custody certified companies are allowed to make market claims and label products with FSC trademarks.
MPX Chain-of-Custody Certification: MPX recently obtained its FSC Chain-of-Custody Certification after successfully undergoing an audit by Scientific Certification Systems (SCS), a third-party certification body. Although the certificate is good for five years, MPX must undergo annual audits to maintain certification during this timeframe.
Benefits of FSC Chain-of-Custody Certification:
- Demonstration of environmental leadership
- Responsiveness to environmental concerns of clients
- Improved market access
- First distributor to be certified in the Northeast
- New marketing opportunities through product differentiation
- Validation of process documentation and organization